What the Trust Doesn’t Support
As a broad guide, grants are not normally provided for:
- Religious organisations (but attention will be given to youth/community services provided by them, or projects of general benefit to the whole community).
- Organisations based outside the United Kingdom.
- Endowment or memorial funds.
- General appeals or mailshots.
- Work with animals.
- Political organisations
- Local charities whose work takes place outside Scotland
- Organisations and projects whose primary object is to provide a counselling, advocacy, advice and/or information service.
- Generic employment and training projects.
- Core running costs.
- Individual students or support organisations for personal study, travel or for expeditions, whether in the United Kingdom or abroad.
- Charities which collect funds for onward distribution to others.
- Umbrella groups which do not provide a direct service to individuals e.g. CVS.